TCCC manages the moorings between The Jolly Boatman PH and Shipton Church on behalf of the Canal & River Trust (CRT).
The majority of spaces are permanent Club moorings which are allocated by the Club Mooring Master from a waiting list of TCCC Members as space becomes available. TCCC is able to offer both short and longer term temporary moorings to visitors when TCCC boats are away cruising. Priority is given to AWCC members. If you would like to enquire about temporary moorings please contact our No1 Wardens.
For visiting boats there are plenty of CRT visitor moorings available between Langford Lane Bridge 224 and Shipton Church. These are clearly marked on the towpath signs. The zones are marked on the map to the right. Visitor mooring spaces are:-
- North of Langford Lane Bridge 224 – 2 days maximum – spaces available all year
- The Jolly Boatman & South of Sparrowgap Bridge 223 – 2 days maximum – spaces available all year
- Near the Boat Inn – 2 days maximum – spaces available all year
- End of the cottages (no 9) to Lift Bridge – Apr-Oct – 7 days max then Nov-Mar – TCCC winter moorings
Do be aware that an extended stay charge of £25 (including VAT) per day applies on these CRT moorings if:
- you do not move on after the maximum stay time within any one of the zones between bridges 220 and 224
- you stay longer than 14 consecutive days between bridges 220 and 224, or
- you spend more than 14 days between bridges 220 and 224 during any calendar month
You can download a copy of CRT’s terms and conditions for use of casual and visitor towpath moorings in Thrupp.
TCCC runs winter moorings along Canal Road from 1st November to 30th March every year. To apply for a winter mooring, please contact the TCCC Administrator (email link to JS) for an application form. Fees apply.